Wednesday 26 September 2012

Dont miss the chan-ce, Wong Kok Char Chan Teng





SUNWAY PYRAMID G-floor, Wong Kok Char Chan Teng.

I, Darren Goh Kiet Loong have been assigned go for a food tasting. The venue was Wong Kok Char Chan Teng which is located on the ground floor of The Sunway Pyramid. As I entered the restaurant, there was not a nice welcome. Which I find that is a major setback as customers might change their minds about dining there. Although I did not need an usher. It would have been pleasing if someone assisted me and brought me to a seat. However, the waiter who guided me to make my order was very friendly and clear. On top of that, the table was set up very neatly and orderly. The menus were placed orderly and the table was squeaky clean. When asked what I preferred, I told him that I felt like having noodle and he recommended a few dishes. One of the few he recommended is the "dry noodle with lemon chicken". This particular dish caught my attention. This dish also came in a set which also consisted of a drink, a bowl of soup and fruits. The drink that I had been served was the Hong Kong style milk tea. The tea was very nice, very cold, wasn't too sweet, excellent after a very hot afternoon.

When the dish came, the portion was huge, it looked very well presented but was very plain. It only had 3 noticeable types of ingredients in it. The taste of the noodle was very plain and texture was very tender. Nothing special compared to any noodle I have tasted before. The lemon chicken however, tasted very delicious. I was very satisfied with the choice I had made and the recommendation from the waiter. The soup that came in the set was a cream based soup. The soup was slightly diluted. This however did not bother me as the soup was very flavorful and it was warm when it was served. Moving on, the dessert was a dish of fruits which consisted of melon and watermelons. The fruits were very fresh. As though they had just come from the plantation and cut right away. 

Overall, ignoring the fact that there was not a pleasant welcome, but I still feel that the meal turned out better than expected. The price was also very reasonable for a meal like that. I really enjoyed my meal. I will definitely be visiting again sometime soon. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment