Monday 15 October 2012

Food :)



So yesterday 25th of September I decide to go grab dinner at this restaurant called Asam Pedas located at Setapak. I was suppose to eat with my group mates the other day but unfortunately I got class that time. By the way,  I heard lot of great things about this restaurant since it was on the ‘’Jalan-Jalan Cari Makan’’ program.  I took a seat at the corner of the restaurant and once I received the menu. The premise has a clean and organised environment so I really felt comfortable there. I ordered a black pepper steak since the picture in the menu looks so tempting. Honestly there was not that many choices for the drinks so I settled on a watermelon juice.
  
As I was waiting for my food to arrive, there was this unique cartoon paintings of famous people that really cought my attention and really was the centre stage of the restaurant. The paintings includes our current prime minister YAB Dato’Seri Najib Tun Razak and many more famous person. Other than the paintings, for me the decor really not the most eye catching but then again I came here for the food not for the decor. It took quite sometime before my order arrived, I even finish a quater of my drink when finally my dinner arrived.
         So when my black pepper steak arrived, it was exactly how it looks like in the picture, which is a good start. The coslow was seated on a salad, the tomato and cucumber covered in thousand island. So basically a professional food tester taste with their eyes, I’m no food tester so I taste with my mouth. The first thing I notice was that the meat was a little hard to cut through. Don’t get me wrong, the black pepper gravy and the rest of it was nice, the only thing that ruined it was the meat.
       
Thankfully the watermelon drink really tasted like real watermelon and it was very good until I just need to order another glass.
      
So all in all, if the meat was tender enough,  it would make a nice meal but if I would to eat here again, I will definitely order another dish.

                                                                                                             By Abdul Rahman

No comments:

Post a Comment